For our Technical department with central office in Lowestoft the UK we are looking for a:
Technical Superintendent (full-time)
In the Technical Superintendent role you are a key part of the technical department with responsibility for part of the fleet in operation. You will be coordinating work on board the vessels by our in-house engineers, which includes pro-active maintenance, repairs and trouble shooting as well as dry-dockings and refits at our own facility or shipyards.
You will be key in managing our ongoing relations with long term suppliers.
The Windcat fleet is built on a common platform with standardised components making it efficient to manage and use experience to reduce faults throughout the fleet.
- Manage technical maintenance and repairs of part of the Windcat fleet
- Coordinate repairs to ensure minimised downtime
- Root cause analysis for technical failures
- Ensures proactive maintenance is carried out on board the vessels with engineers and site managers
- Manage relationships with key suppliers
- Ensures day to day support and advisory with respect to technical requirements of part of the marine fleet
- Adequate instruction and coaching of crewmembers with regards to on board maintenance, administration and vessel/shore reporting
- Planning and arranging drydocking and refits together with class and flag inspections
- Manage spare parts stocks and ordering equipment and services for vessels
- Compile and monitor the budget for projects
- Coordinates technical activities in close corporation with relevant departments
- Together with Technical Manager supervise and instruct technical Engineers and mechanics
- Verifying applicable technical rules and regulations and monitor changes
- Organizational skills and experience
- Coordination experience in the technical field preferably in the maritime industry
- Team player
- English knowledge, able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Technical education and experience preferably in shipping/shipbuilding
Please send your application with your motivation and CV to:
Jessica Levey, Email: email@example.com.